“I joined City Year for the challenge – I stay because of the work I do everyday with students in schools. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made.” – City Year Corps Member
As a City Year Cleveland corps member, you will join 50 teammates in serving high school youth in Cleveland's public schools to make a difference in their lives and communities.
City Year Cleveland corps members put their idealism to work through:
- School-based service;
- Youth leadership programs; and
- Community transformation projects.
To Learn More:
Our recruitment department would be happy to answer any questions regarding programs and applications.
Stop By and Visit
The Leader Building
526 Superior Ave., Suite 408
Cleveland, OH 4414
Find us on Google Maps
What You'll Gain:
Develop 21st century skills that lead to academic success and employment.
City Year corps members have the opportunity to network, work in a diverse environment and gain life-long skills in leadership, critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, technology, written and verbal communication, and ethics
Click here to learn more about the leadership development skills that you will gain as a City Year corps member.
Receive a stipend, health care benefits and earn an Education Award to help with the costs of college.
$5,550 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award (for members who complete the full 1,700 hours of service)
Bi-weekly stipend (varies from site to site but is about $440 in Cleveland or $220 per week)
Uniform provided by The Timberland Company and ARAMARK
Basic health insurance
Student loan forbearance (on qualified student loans)
Child care reimbursement (for qualified members)
To learn more about the full-time benefits of joining City Year please click here.
The Application Process:
- Submit your completed online application.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Using the format provided in the application, request recommendations from personal, academic or professional contacts.
- Mail the completed references to the City Year Cleveland office. If you complete a paper application, also mail us your completed application.
- Being selected to serve with City Year is a competitive process. All completed applications are reviewed for program eligibility. Once the initial review is conducted, you may be contacted by recruitment staff to schedule an interview. If you are unable to interview in person, City Year will conduct a phone interview with you.
Review these Frequently Asked Questions to understand the application process and guidelines.