With a presence in 28 cities throughout the U.S. and two international locations, City Year relies on a talented team of professionals who directly support the corps members in their efforts to #makebetterhappen. Beyond City Year’s mission in schools, our staff members have full and complex lives outside of the workplace —with family, friends, personal interests, education and more. City Year offers a comprehensive benefits package that helps our employees live their best lives, grow personally and professionally and get rewarded for the results they deliver.
- Competitive base salaries
- Incentive and special recognition programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you, your spouse or domestic partner and dependents.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Annual paid time off, including:
- 11 paid organizational holidays per year
- 15 vacation days per year, which increase along with tenure with the organization
- 9 sick days per year
- 401(k) Savings Plan With Employer Matching Program
- Paid parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance policy provided at no cost
- Employee Assistance Program at no cost
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dental and dependent care expenses
- Gym membership reimbursement
Growth and Leadership Programs
City Year offers a variety of growth and leadership opportunities for our staff. These programs, some of which are administered through a selective admission process, aim to grow our staff as leaders and give them skills to advance to the next stage of their career at City Year. Leadership programs available nationally include:
- LEAD City Year - High-performing Director-level staff who are ready for a leadership position within the following year. The cohort attends three 3-day conferences with learning opportunities designed to strengthen leadership competencies and business acumen. The program also includes access to senior leadership mentors, an experiential learning project and individual development plan coaching.
- Clover Model Professional Development - Utilizing the Clover Model of Human Development, Impact Staff engage in a year of learning in regional cohorts to deepen skills in leading and managing. Through these experiences, participants build communities of practice and gain new perspectives and insights into our work.
- Summer Academy Team – Staff and AmeriCorps Team Leaders from across the country can apply to be on the team that runs our organization-wide summer training conference, supporting learning for over 1,300 people. They will spend 6 weeks working and living in Boston organizing logistics, planning curriculum and coordinating speakers and events for the benefit of all attendees.
City Year is a partner of Employers of National Service. We welcome candidates from all national civilian and military service programs, including AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, City Year, and other volunteer programs. If you're passionate about education and interested in joining City Year we encourage you to apply for one of our open positions today.