Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the sites fundraising goal of $3.2 million and engaging donors in ongoing service activities. This includes developing new donor relationships as well as leveraging and cultivating existing relationships within and outside of the City Year Jacksonville network to ensure meeting aggressive site revenue goals.
- 3-5 years of experience and proven track record of success in fundraising, direct sales, or business development in a service industry or with a non-profit; emphasis on corporate sponsorships or corporate sales is a plus.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of over $3.2 million annually.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts.
- Experience working with Senior Level executives in a corporate environment (C-level/VP).
- Experience managing volunteers in fundraising, event planning, and coordination efforts.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; and high degree of initiative.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development.
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills.
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of data base programs (Salesforce a plus).
- Strong passion for and commitment to City Year’s mission of delivering high impact service to children and the Jacksonville community; developing young people in the corps as powerful civic leaders and life-long active citizens; and promoting and advancing the concept of voluntary national service.
- Willingness to wear City Year uniform on a regular basis.
- In conjunction with Development Director, help raise $3.2 million in revenue per year and increase annually to achieve site scale.
- Lead on CRM database (cychannel) and donor engagement protocol systems, maintenance, and reporting.
- Assist the Executive Director and Development Director in the creation and implementation of the annual development plan and strategy.
- Support City Year’s Team Sponsorship program, which includes identifying and securing Team Sponsors, and engaging them in ongoing service opportunities.
- Manage Jacksonville Annual Gala and other fund/friend-raiser events to secure event revenue goal of $150,000 annually.
- Support Site Boards (advisory, alumni, and associate boards) fundraising capacities.
- Develop and grow individual donor base; manage annual giving campaign; and cultivate major gifts.
- Identify new donor prospects and cultivate relationships that will result in broadening donor base for City Year Jacksonville.
- Increase year-over-year revenue, service and in-kind commitment of existing corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donor base.
- Write grant proposal and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders.
- Work in partnership with the City Year network to develop multi-site, regional, and national sponsorships.