Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Between 3-6 months
Hours: Flexible, between 16-24 hours per week
The Site Operations Intern will support a variety of projects to help promote operational efficiencies across departments and maximize City Year Boston’s impact to support students, develop leaders, build partnerships, recruit talent, and engage champions. This is an unpaid opportunity in which the Site Operations Intern will develop a variety of highly competitive resume-building skills including project management, customer service, relationship development, communication, teamwork, service learning, and networking. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in service days, fundraising events, and special projects throughout the fall. The Site Operations Intern will be paired with a manager who will serve as a mentor throughout the internship. The position requires 16-24 hours per week and is eligible for course credit. Hours can be flexible based on weekly academic commitments.
- Proven success operating in ambiguous and changing environments.
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems, see projects through start-to-finish, and multi-task.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Promptness, flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of City Year’s work within the national service movement and education sphere.
- City Year and AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive operations resource to promote awareness of staff roles/responsibilities and operational protocols; use the organization’s intranet SharePoint page to communicate resources.
- Assist in the uniform distribution and exchange process for all City Year Boston AmeriCorps members.
- Manage office supply orders for the site and create systems to improve the use of space and encourage accessibility to materials; maintain and replenish inventory as needed.
- Support staff and AmeriCorps members by creating and maintaining resources to guide their work and service.
- Conduct screening interviews for the next cycle of interns.
- Troubleshoot and provide customer service for issues related to technology, uniform procurement, and finance policies.
- Complete data entry projects on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the implementation of Leadership After City Year (LACY) activities for AmeriCorps members.
- Assist various departments throughout internship on high-priority projects and special events.