The Social Media Manager is responsible for overseeing City Year’s social media strategy and execution for all relevant City Year constituents. This role integrates the objectives and initiatives of the Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, and Leadership teams. The position involves ensuring that our digital presence is fully maximized to reach our key target audiences. This role is key in building City Year’s brand.
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience managing a variety of social media channels for a large brand, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Flickr, YouTube, etc.
- Strong writing skills and experience in blogging.
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves individual who can take control of the full social media and marketing life cycle, servicing in a digital marketing role with proven abilities to build a brand online.
- Must be a passionate advocate and user of social media, traditional media, and online communities with a strong understanding of brand, content marketing, and other related disciplines.
- Must be a strategic thinker and skilled project manager who can envision and execute the future.
- Ability to partner with multiple stakeholders and clients, and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to work with senior leadership and other key stakeholders to leverage them to reach key marketing goals.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, time management, and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment and multitask effectively.
- Great communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze digital data, and draw relevant conclusions from the data.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about City Year’s work and the education landscape.
- Exhibit sound judgment to determine potential crises and ability to determine need to elevate within the organization.
- Lead the social media strategy development for the organization to support the overall marketing objectives by leveraging key insights to drive awareness and intent to act among key target audiences.
- Identify social media channels and relevant audiences for activation, and execute social media campaigns.
- Develop and implement content and calendar in a way that supports the overall social media strategy and larger marketing objectives while leveraging late breaking opportunities.
- Become an advocate of the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues, answering questions, seeding content where appropriate, and posting on relevant blogs.
- Develop and execute social media trainings to City Year corps and staff in a way that maximizes the channel for City Year awareness and understanding and mitigates the risk for the organization and protects the City Year brand.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and ensure the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the organization’s culture. Work closely with business groups to ensure social media tools are current across all platforms.
- Closely monitor and fuel the #makebetterhappen campaign to ensure maximum exposure of the right messages and promotion of it, both internally and externally. Manage campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorials, community outreach efforts, promotions, etc. Ensure appropriateness of messages within the campaign, and develop strategies to ensure greater effectiveness and use as well as how to minimize risk.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results. Develop insights from social monitoring and make recommendations for continued evolution of social strategy.
- Manage and oversee social communications, ensuring superior quality and on-time project delivery at all times. Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns with key stakeholders (communications, public policy, etc.). Identify social content opportunities for offline media.
- Create and maintain a social/blog calendar with project plans and schedules for content delivery, ensuring on-time execution, cross-functional representation, and content approval.
- Build consumer, partner, supporter, and influencer advocates by managing and creating new opportunities for engagement on the social networks. Test and report on successful engagement.
- Act as the advocate of social media integration within the organization, influencing overall site strategies. Manage, leverage, and inspire the social media points, brand managers, and recruitment staff.
- Monitor the relevant external landscape for trends in social media including tools, applications, and consumer target behavior. Report back to marketing sites.
- Regularly monitor external events and news for opportunities to tie into City Year’s message.
- Serve as key point person for digital content updates.
- Develop and maintain web content to bring the City Year story to life in a way that leverages key audience motivations and addresses barriers.
- Ensure that web content effectively integrates social media platforms and messaging.
- Align with City Year’s voice and tone and develop City Year’s personality in the social space.