ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
City Year Jacksonville’s Women’s Initiative is a new and innovative program that will serve as an opportunity for Jacksonville's business and community leaders to more deeply engage with City Year’s work by providing mentorship and guidance to the AmeriCorps Members serving in our schools. This diverse group consisting of women of different ages, professions, and ethnic backgrounds will share one common purpose – to help advance City Year’s mission and ensure students enter 10th grade on track and on time. Research has shown that students who reach 10th grade with their peers are four times more likely to graduate. The Women’s Initiative will help City Year Jacksonville continue on a path to sustained growth by raising awareness among other community members and demonstrating that women are a dominant driving force in our city.
- Mentor City Year AmeriCorps members for 9 months by providing guidance in their current role and also supporting their long term plans
- Network with local and national female leaders
- Attendance and recognition at City Year Jacksonville's Annual Women as Leaders Luncheon
- Connect with students at local City Year schools
- Learn more about critical issues impacting education
- City Year Jacksonville will facilitate 4 structured mentorship sessions throughout the AmeriCorps member’s service year. Outside of those sessions, mentors and mentees are encouraged to meet and communicated as they would like.
- Visit a City Year school at least once during AmeriCorps Mentee's service year
- Host a table at the City Year Women as Leaders Luncheon (there is no cost for the table)
- Commit to a personal and/or corporate contribution to City Year annually
- Option to attend periodic events with AmeriCorps members
WHEN DOES THE COMMITMENT START?
The mentorship program is built to support AmeriCorps members as they go through the 10 month service year cycle. City Year AmeriCorps members begin their service year in August and graduate the program in June.
HOW TO REGISTER / QUESTIONS?
If you would like to register or have questions, email Tom Caron, Development Director at email@example.com.