If there’s something Angelenos know how to do, it’s throw a good party – and City Year Los Angeles is no exception! Last Saturday, we hosted our third annual City Year Spring Break: Destination Education fundraiser at Sony Studios and raised over $1.3 million to support our work in Los Angeles public schools.
An outpouring of Hollywood A-listers, industry executives, and families came out to play games and get swag at each of our sponsors’ interactive booths, enjoy great food by Wolfgang Puck, and listen to amazing musical performances by Interscope artists Skylar Grey and DJ SkyBlu of LMFAO.
But the real stars of the evening were our corps members. Guests were greeted by enthusiastic cheers as they entered the party, were able talk to corps members about their year of service, and were inspired by corps member Kamilah Marsh’s story of helping her student Jessica find success at the RFK Community Schools.
Special thanks to the City Year Los Angeles board, celebrity hosts, and event committee for making the evening possible. It was a night we won’t soon forget!
For more on Spring Break, check out the media hits below and visit www.cityyearspringbreak.org.
- Celebs Attend City Year Fundraiser to Support Education (video) - EXTRA
- Hollywood Stars Support Education at City Year Spring Break Fundraiser - The Hollywood Reporter
- City Year Throws Its Spring Break Bash at Sony - Variety
- Three Hemsworth Brothers, Four “American Idol” Contenders, Stars of “Glee,” “The Help,” “Gossip Girl” and More at
- City Year Los Angeles Spring Break 2013 - Society News LA
- City Year Los Angeles’ Third Annual “Spring Break: Destination Education” Raises $1.3 Million for Students - Westside Today