On Wednesday, June 18th, 50 City Year NH corps members gathered with their families, friends, City Year staff and supporters at the Historic Palace Theater to celebrate the completion of another successful year of service in six Mancheseter elementary schools. The program included remarks from Executive Director & Vice President of City Year NH, Pawn Nitichan, Mayor of Manchester, Ted Gatsas, from Comcast & NBCUniversal, Rebecca Fracassa, and a keynote address by Assistant Superintendent of Manchester School District, David Ryan.
Once again, the highlightof the ceremony was when each corps member took the stage in succession to share a brief statement about what they had learned during their year of service. Below are a selection of statements shared at this year's ceremony:
- This year, I learned that falling and failing is part of life, but learning from those moments give you the opportunity to grow into a stronger person. - Sarah Park, 22, from Mirada, CA
- This year, I learned that leadership does not exist only at the front of the room; rather it exists from being in the room. - Fabrice Julien, 22, from Marietta, GA
- This year, I learned that we all have a role in ensuring that there is a better future for generations to come. - Paige Tucker, 22, from Chelmsford, MA
- This year, I learned the importance of perspective and truly seeing the world through a child's lens. - Andrew Clark, 24, from Indianapolis, IN
- This year, I learned that real change is possible when a group of people care deeply enough to be moved to action. - Grace Slobodzian, 22, from Flemington, NJ